Monday 10 January 2011

M-Commerce

It seems I've been quite slow to grasp this whole smart phone thing...  There have been a flurry of recent stories on the predicted growth of M-commerce with companies investing millions into mobile optimised transactional sites.  I have even last night seen a Tesco iPhone advert launching their new bar coding app.  Now I can see the appeal of a phone where you could using the camera scan a bar code & then without any further input that product is delivered to your door, but really full scale shopping on a tiny mobile handset will surely never take off.  You can't see the products properly, you need nail extensions to be able press the tiny keys (I've not tried this but imagine that they could be a helpful addition in this regard rather than my stumpy digits that type ghj for every h wanted - I'm not awfully keen on nail extensions though...).

But I fear that I might just be a little out of touch here and that there is another generation that have grown up with web-enabled phones and are used to this highly compromised shopping experience.  Can I ask for comments here, have you ever bought through m-commerce & what.
Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment